University of California, Berkeley: Havens House
- Northern California
Designed by Harwell Hamilton Harris and completed in 1940, the Havens House is significant for its blending of modern design with regional California traditions, and it is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The house was transferred to the UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design (CED) in 2001 and is currently used as a residence for visiting professors. ARG completed a Restoration Study to address high priority repairs and future seismic stabilization. ARG assembled a team of architects and engineering consultants to undertake an assessment of architectural, structural, and building systems as well as a seismic evaluation. The study provides recommendations and cost estimates for immediate repairs, exterior and life safety improvements, and restoration. ARG has continued to work with the University and the CED as the project has moved into construction.