Sausalito Woman's Club
- Northern California
Designed by architect Julia Morgan, the Sausalito Woman’s Club was built in 1918 as a venue for educational and social activities. Set on a wooded hillside with bay views, the intimately-scaled building maintains its original use, materials and setting. Following the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, the Woman’s Club opted to complete a seismic upgrade.
ARG prepared a master plan, with cost estimates, for phased construction of the rehabilitation of the Sausalito Woman’s Club. ARG designed seismic bracing for the entire building, a sprinkler system, a new roof, and modifications to the electrical system, including new stage and auditorium lighting. Later phases of work improved accessibility to the building including disabled access to the brick entryway and throughout the first floor, and an ADA compliant restroom.