- Northern California
The Noyes Mansion and its carriage house were constructed in 1903 in the popular Colonial Revival style by Frank G. Noyes, founder of the Napa Lumber Company. The carriage house was later converted into a restaurant, while the mansion was subdivided and leased as office and commercial retail space. As the last surviving mansion on Napa’s First Street, the property was listed as a Napa County local landmark in 1978. The client, Wine Spectator Magazine, commissioned ARG to rehabilitate the mansion for use as their Napa Valley office. The project entailed rehabilitation of the exterior and interior of the building, including reproduction of missing exterior features such as the turned wood balusters over the porte-cochere and at the top of the main roof.