Napa Valley Opera House
- Northern California
Built in 1879 and designed by the Newsom Brothers, California’s best known Victorian architects, the Napa Valley Opera House contains one of only two surviving second-story theaters in California. Although vacant for many years, the space retained much of its original character. ARG served as the architect for the building’s phased restoration and new addition over a 15-year period. The phased project included seismic strengthening, code upgrades, facade restoration, the main lobby restoration, addition of a new contemporary cabaret theater and bar and complete final restoration and upgrade of the upstairs main theater. ARG worked closely with the theater’s nonprofit organization to prepare fundraising and grant materials to assist in the successful $14 million building campaign.