Culinary Institute of America: Greystone Campus Master Plan
- Northern California
Built in 1888 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Greystone Cellars is now at the heart of the Greystone campus of the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Owned by the Christian Brothers Order until 1989, the facility was previously used for sparkling wine production but since 1995 has been the site of the Greystone campus. Greystone is the only residential college in the world devoted to culinary education. Greystone Cellars’ magnificent architecture is characterized by grand cathedral ceilings and massive handcut stone walls. Other historic buildings on the campus include the former distillery, known as the Still House, the Gate House, and the historic Carpy residence. ARG developed a master plan to reintegrate the adjacent Carpy property to preserve the historic buildings and their settings while meeting the CIA’s goals for providing additional dormitory housing.