Beringer WineryOld Winery Building
- Northern California
First developed in the 1870's, the Beringer Vineyard is the oldest continuously operating winery in the Napa Valley. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the entire site was designated as a Historic District in 2001. The site features the Rhine House, constructed in 1884 for the Frederick Beringer family, the original stone winery and caves, built in 1876, and distinctive tunnels running hundreds of feet into the hillside. ARG served as the Historic Architect and Architect of Record for the project which relocated tasting rooms and expanded retail functions within the Old Winery. The project also included the seismic upgrade of the winery building and the addition of ancillary spaces.