- Northern California
Designed by architect Timothy L. Pflueger, the Art Deco Alameda Theatre is the jewel of the City of Alameda’s Park Street Historic District. Opened in 1932, the 2,250 seat theatre was constructed shortly after another of Pflueger’s theatres, the National Historic Landmark Paramount in Oakland. The two buildings share many of the same decorative plaster details and metallic leaf finishes. ARG prepared a Historic Structure Report (HSR) for the theatre and served as project architect and materials conservator for the rehabilitation project. Since the completion of construction in Spring 2008, the theatre is once again showing first-run films.